Wednesday, June 8, 2011

PLACES: Hester Market of Wonders




I can never decide if I'm more of a fashionista or a foodie, but at the Hester Street Market I can be both! Open each Saturday 10am-6pm in the Lower East Side, the Hester Street Market is a place for vintage fanatics, hipsters & wannabe hipsters, and food fanatics to congregate and enjoy beautiful NYC. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a total sucker for flea markets and this market might be one of the best I've been to in quite some time.




Adorable old school music filled the courtyard and everyone seemed to be in such a good mood. It was a small enough market that I didn't feel overwhelmed, but each vendor there was top quality. There were many vintage booths, local designers, and loads of food. A grassy area served as a picnic ground for shoppers to take a break and enjoy their treats.


Of course I found some items I had to buy, I mean, it's a street market with vintage! I snagged a crop cheetah silk top and a gorgeous teal dress (style pictures will be coming soon). I definitely will be returning to Hester Street Market for more vintage gems and to indulge in the many other food items I want to try - check Claire's post of the food we did taste. 

-Miraya