Friday, July 1, 2011

FOOD: Grilled Cheese Please


Grilled cheese is definitely one of my comfort foods. So when I heard there was a grilled cheese food truck I just had to try it! And then when I saw Gorilla Cheese parked by Union Square a few blocks from my apartment I knew it was destiny.

They make the classic grilled cheese with cheddar, gruyere, or mozzarella, as well as specialty sandwiches. I got a #7 (fresh mozzarella with smoked turkey and tomato on multigrain bread). It was $8.50, which I can't say is a good deal, but it's a pretty normal price for New York. Claire got a classic grilled cheese with cheddar. Aislinn decided on the Mac & Cheese cup, which was only $3 for a cheesy cup packed with noodles.

Follow them on Twitter @gcnyc1 to stalk their whereabouts. Our food journey continues, one food truck at a time!

-Miraya