Tuesday, July 5, 2011

FOOD: Rai Rai Ken

Brandon was craving some ramen so we went on a hunt in the East Village and according to Yelp, Rai Rai Ken was the best. As someone who has only tasted a few bowls of ramen in my life, I was pleased with the Miso Ramen (soy bean based noodle soup topped with beansprout, cabbage, onion, crispy garlic, chicken and scallion) which the waiter said was their most popular. Brandon however wasn't as easy to please and said it lacked flavor. The restaurant is very small with only tables at a bar facing into the kitchen. We luckily got two seats in a corner but I can imagine having to wait a long time when it's busy. 

Rai Rai Ken has 3.5 stars on Yelp which I say is fair. It was pretty cheap and fast and it hit the spot. Wasn't the best meal I've ever had, but for a weekday dinner it was fine by me.


-Miraya