Tuesday, July 19, 2011

PLACES: Georgetown


Two weekends ago, we ventured to Arlington, Virginia to spend a weekend in DC. Only a $29 bus ride from NYC, the weekend was so, so worth it! My favorite part was definitely Georgetown--a bustling yet quaint area that reminded me of Old Town Pasadena... only better.




We heard Georgetown Cupcakes was a must-try, but the line outside (see below) pushed us to try a new and even cuter-looking place, baked & wired. Hence the name, half of the place is a bakery and half of it is a coffee shop. Considering that I kept asking Aislinn for some of her iced coffee while eating my strawberry cupcake (see below).. a genius idea! This cupcake shop underdog DEF turned out to be an a-maaaa-zing gift to our tastebuds.







My strawberry cupcake. May be in the lead for best cupcake I've ever had.


Ahhh



Miraya's Ginger Snap Sandwich Cookie with a cream cheese filling. YUM




Georgetown Cupcake may look legit....


But not that legit.


Not to mention, this place will meet all your shopping needs with everything from a Barneys COOP, shopping mall, Anthro, Intermix, Dean & Deluca, Madewell, etc etc

Sigh, if I could live here, I would.

-Claire