Saturday, August 6, 2011

FOOD: Amorino Gelato


The first time I walked past Amorino Gelato I was blown away to see a line down the street and wrapped around the corner. I assumed it must some pretty incredible gelato for people to stand in line for so long and instantly added it to my list of places to try. Shortly after I discovered that the reason the line was so long was I happened to walk past on their grand opening and they were giving away free gelato to all! Now, even at over $5 a pop the line is still always long.



The draw to this Europe originated gelato shop is the beautiful flowers they create from your flavors. First you select your size of cup or cone and then you can pick as many flavors as you desire and they scoop and mold them into a perfect flower. I've never challenged them with more than 4 or 5 flavors, but I've been told they can mold all 20 something flavors into a single flower - quite impressive.


Of the few times I've been I've been most pleased with the fruity flavors, which are refreshing and perfect for a hot summer day. Next, I'll have to check out the Amorino Gelato stores in Europe, perhaps one of the two in England or some of the forty-three open in France! Obviously these people know what they're doing.

-Miraya